It’s Sunday, that means it is time for Row80:
- Writing: The first full week of Nano has just ended. Read below for more on that, but I am at 13,540. Yea!
Editing: Finish editing my WIP, Dead in the Water. Finish edits by October 21.Done
- Submissions: Start submissions
October 22Nov.1, send out 2 a week the rest of the round. Stop laughing….think positive. Been busy writing so no news here.
- Social networking: This is the hardest. I am bad at just liking a post or a tweet and leaving. So my goal for this is to respond more to blog posts, even reblogging, and be more involved on twitter. That’s not measurable. Comment on 3 blogs a week. Check (I think)
- Blogging: Have 2 nonRow80 blog posts a week. Done Teaser Tuesday 11/4 Gun or No 11/6 Authors Answer 11/7
Coffee: Master my new coffee pot. Apparently there is a learning curve.Done
Nice progress on my goals, I do need to send out more queries.
Like I said the first full week of NaNo has passed. I am proud of my progress, 13,540 words. My goal isn’t 50,000. I will be thrilled to reach 30,000. Mid-November will be the true test of my endurance.
I’ve learned several things about myself while undertaking NaNo:
- The first day is a killer. I sat at the computer staring at a blank screen not knowing how to start. I have an outline I know where the story begins, I just couldn’t get started. So I just jumped in with both feet. When I finish, that first section must be rewritten, the POV is all wrong 🙂
- I work well in short spurts. I can allow for 2 hours of writing, anything more than that and I start wondering about household responsibilities.
- I accomplish more in the hour and a half before work than I do on full days off.
- Getting up early is a waste of time. My brain doesn’t function before 7:30 am. Pass the coffee and be quite, I’m watching the lights on the Christmas tree.
- Day 6 was a killer. I had planned on a full day of writing. Hah! It was like pulling teeth. The small word count I had was hard fought. I stopped early and went Christmas shopping, that was much more productive.
There you have it. The first week of NaNo. Can’t wait to see what week 2 holds.
Have good week. How are your goals and/or NaNoWriMo going?