In a previous post, I mentioned signing my kids up for the library’s summer reading program. I’ve created my own. I finally, finished book 3 in the Outlander series, Voyager. Not sure if I’ll read the next book. My plans are to finally read all the books on my kindle. They’ve piled up recently and it’s time to read them all, or finish what I’ve started. I am not buying another book until I finish what I have. I promise!
So here’s my list:
- Sidney Chambers and the Shadow of Death by James Runcie – This is the Grantchester Mysteries series which is now on PBS. Thought I’d give the books a try. I love a good British Mystery. I’ve got a cup of tea ready.
- Spring Fever by Mary Kay Andrews – The perfect author for summer. Andrews is always smart and funny.
- Bound by Kate Sparkes- This was actually the first book I bought on my kindle, but have yet to finish. I started it and got distracted by life.
- Torn by Kate Sparkes- a short story.
- Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin- This is another one I started and didn’t finish. I don’t watch the show, it’s a bit too graphic. We’ll see how the book ends up.
- The Giver by Lois Lowry- Saw the movie and really enjoyed it. My kids tell me the book is better 🙂
- The Indie Author Pack: Write Publish Repeat by Sean Platt & Johnny B. Trant, Let’s Get Digital by David Gaughran, How to Market a Book by Joanna Penn- I bought this during NaNo last year. Now I just need to read it.
- Lowcountry Boneyard by Susan M. Boyer- Another great summer read. This is book 3 in the Liz Talbot Mysteries, I can’t wait to read it. Boyer is so funny.
- Secret Adversary by Agatha Christie
- A Spell for Chameleon by Piers Anthony- Book 1 in the Xanth. Years ago, I read a book in this series and it has stayed with we. I decided to rediscover Xanth by reading the first book.
- To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee- I started this months ago. I’ve read it many times but want to finish it before I buy/read the new one out this summer.
- Too Close to Home by Lynette Eason- This is book 1 in the Women of Justice series. I’ve read book 3, they tend to be clean reads with lots of suspense.
- Trouble in Mudbug by Jana Deleon- Book 1 in Ghost-in-law Mystery Series. I’ve enjoyed the Miss Fortune Mysteries Series, so I thought I’d give this one a try.
- Unenchanted by Chanda Hahn- Book 1 in an Unfortunate Fairy Tale Series. Haven’t read it, love the idea.
Wow, that should keep me busy for a while.
What’s on your summer reading list?