I’ve decided to change the name of the town in Mystery series. Originally, it was named after my hometown. That’s the actual setting. But after killing off quiet a few characters and causing others to partake in questionable activities, I should probably change the town name.
I want something memorable and Southern. Easy to remember is a must.
About the town:
- small, less than 6,000 people
- on the banks of various creeks and bayous. All are part of the Mobile River Delta
- At one time, a large Satsuma grove gave the town it’s real name (Satsuma).
- The local wildlife includes: deer, bears, alligators, and many small mammals
- Until the last few years there were only mom and pop stores and two stop lights
- at last count 6 Christian churches, maybe more
- Seasonal activities include: Swamp Fest (yes, that’s a real thing.), holiday parades, Fall Festival
If you have a better name, please respond in comments.