It’s time for the Wednesday Row80 check-in, I’ll get to that in a moment. Next week, daughter #2 will be participating in the class Spelling Bee. Hopefully, she will move up to the school bee. She loves the Spelling Bee. She sees it as a personal challenge against the entire class. Even her best friend! She studies her words every night and has stolen her sister’s list of seventh grade words. Daughter #1 purposely fails the class bee. Why?
Flashback to first grade: Daughter #1 made it through the class bee and stood proudly in front of the entire school (k-8). A note on temperament, at this age she was painfully shy and terror was visibly seen in her eyes. The first word was easy. She relaxed a bit. Second round: avenue. She stared at the audience, twirling the hem of her skirt. That was not on her first grade list. Her teacher didn’t tell her she could say she didn’t know the word, if she didn’t know how to spell it. She stood there frozen and terrified for what seemed like an eternity. I’m cringing on the edge of my seat, wondering if I can quickly pull her down without anyone noticing. Finally, the speaker asked if she knew the word. She nodded no. A collective breath was released from the audience and everyone clapped. She has never been in a Spelling Bee since.
As you go through your weekend, think of all the kids studying spelling words for the Bee.
Row80 Check-in- Wednesday
1. Start revisions of book 2 in my Dragonfly Mystery Series-
I’ve completed one read through. It needs lots of work. Goal is to revise/edit the first 100 pages- nada
2. Send out queries for Dead in the Water-
Not yet, I hope to have a list of possible places soon.
3. Plan one new short story- Nope
4. Edit/Revise Mystic Brew– Again No. I have the critiques printed out.
5. Finish plotting Book 3 in my Dragonfly Mystery Series I have an idea of what’s going to happen. This will be what I write for NaNoWriMo, so I have to do this in October- This is what I have really been working on. I’ve got the characters fleshed out and 3/4 of the story plot. I’m getting there.
6. Participate in NaNoWriMo and write 50,000 words- That’s in November
7. Read 8 books that’s for the whole round 4. You can view my October reading list here.
I’ve read: 3 and tossed (2). The library just called and said Cinder is in, that will jump to the front. I just finished Chocolat.
8. Be a good human and socialize online Goal- Check
9. Be a good Baptist and join a Wednesday night group– I keep finding excuses. Look laundry.
10. Finish my daughter’s bedroom– High hopes for this weekend.
How are your goal going?