Baby girl made it passed the class spelling bee with flying colors. She has three weeks (I think) to study the new sheet of over 400 words. I’m dizzy just thinking about it.We are super excited for her and so proud. Forgive me if I seem a little unfocused. We had doughnuts to celebrate and I almost ODed on Maple Bacon Doughnuts. I have really got to eat more veggies. Briiing!
Sorry about that. The UPS man just delivered my Viking Helmet for Halloween. I’m so excited! A little disappointed it doesn’t look great with my short hair. That’s not what you are here for, on with the goals.
Make sure you surf over to the Row80 home and visit the other participants. Be sure to leave a word of encouragement.
1. Start revisions of book 2 in my Dragonfly Mystery Series-
I’ve completed one read through. It needs lots of work. Goal is to revise/edit the first 100 pages- I’ve imported my MS to scrivener, split it into chapters, and started working on my cards on the corkboard.
2. Send out queries for Dead in the Water-
Not yet, I hope to have a list of possible places soon.
3. Plan one new short story- Nope, but I started a free writing exercise based on a photo that could become an actual story. Dark and twisted it is.
4. Edit/Revise Mystic Brew– Dragging my feet.
5. Finish plotting Book 3 in my Dragonfly Mystery Series I have an idea of what’s going to happen. This will be what I write for NaNoWriMo, so I have to do this in October-
6. Participate in NaNoWriMo and write 50,000 words- That’s in November
7. Read 8 books that’s for the whole round 4. I’m on track I’ve read 3, trashed 3, and in the process of reading another. I’ve started a new book and so far I love it. There’s a bit of language in it, but the premise behind it fascinates me. Must finish.
8. Be a good human and socialize online Goal- Check
9. Be a good Baptist and join a Wednesday night group– Yeah, I’m think this may not happen
10. Finish my daughter’s bedroom– Filled holes with stinky goo. Must sand and regoo.
I had time yesterday to work on my goals, but I spent the better part of the day on promoting opportunities. It’s not part of my goal list, it should be, but it was necessary. It never fails. At some point during Row80 my goals go haywire. I get distracted or sidetracked. Progress is progress.
How are your goals?