We had about three days, a week and a half ago, of Fall weather. Then it went back to mid 80s and above. Hmmm, please tell me we’re having a Fall this year. It’s hard to have a fun Halloween when you sweat in your costume! I’ve done it, but I don’t like it. I’m tempting mother nature, I have a huge pot of Beef Vegetable Soup on the stove and a monster size pan of cornbread. I. Will. Eat. Soup. Part of it will go in the freezer for NaNoWriMo.
On with Row80. Remember to check in on the other participants and leave a little encouragement.
1. Start revisions of book 2 in my Dragonfly Mystery Series-
I’ve completed one read through. It needs lots of work. Goal is to revise/edit the first 100 pages- No new progress.
2. Send out queries for Dead in the Water-
Not yet. I have to settle on the new name for the town. I’m torn between Magnolia and Bienville. The new story I’m plotting may be a better fit for Bienville. I just need to make a decision and stick with it.
3. Plan one new short story- No new progress.
4. Edit/Revise Mystic Brew– Dragging my feet. I’m going to tackle this this week.
5. Finish plotting Book 3 in my Dragonfly Mystery Series I have an idea of what’s going to happen. This will be what I write for NaNoWriMo, so I have to do this in October-
6. Participate in NaNoWriMo and write 50,000 words- That’s in November. I have the story plotted and ready to go. Now, I’m thinking about changing the story. I came up with an awesome idea for a book. All new, brand new possible series. I just don’t think I’ve got enough of the plotting completed to start in November.
7. Read 8 books that’s for the whole round 4. I’m on track I’ve read 4, trashed 3, and in the process of reading another. I finished, The Map Of Moments, and I love it. Dark and twist. The language is terrible. I highly recommend it, if you aren’t squeamish about the F-word or gore. It’s a good mix of history, fantasy, and mystery.
8. Be a good human and socialize online Goal- Check
9. Be a good Baptist and join a Wednesday night group– Yeah, I’m think this may not happen
10. Finish my daughter’s bedroom– We put the primer coat on the closet built-in. And started sorting through junk in the old desk. It will be trashed as soon as we find a place for the old desk top computer.
So there we are. I don’t know what I spent all my time on? How did your week go?