NaNoWriMo started on Sunday and I have diligently been typing away at the computer each day. Along the way I have accumulated a few commandments.
- I will Not get distracted by social media. I will turn off all notifications and unplug the WiFi if necessary.
- I will Not binge watch the previous season of Arrow, no matter how frustrated I am with my characters.
- I will Not edit as I write. That red squiggly line can stay there until December 1.
- I will hydrate. I’m thinking water but you drink whatever magic elixir you possess that allows you to write.
- I will Not make excuses.
- I will take pen and paper if I must leave the house during designated writing hours.
- I will hide my phone until I have accomplished an acceptable word count.
- If writer’s block strikes I will not whine like a baby. I will change my activity. Take the cat for a walk or dance along with Michael Jackson in the Thriller video until inspiration hits.
- I will Not eat all of the children’s Halloween candy… just most of it.
- I will eat something green everyday. It keeps the writer regular and nice.
Now, on with my Row80 goals.
1. Start revisions of book 2 in my Dragonfly Mystery Series-
I’ve completed one read through. It needs lots of work. Goal is to revise/edit the first 100 pages- This won’t happen until after NaNo.
2. Send out queries for Dead in the Water-
Not yet. Procrastination!
3. Plan one new short story- Technically, it became a novel not a short story but I’m still counting it.
4. Edit/Revise Mystic Brew– Dragging my feet, I could work on this after lunch.
5. Finish plotting Book 3 in my Dragonfly Mystery Series I have an idea of what’s going to happen. This will be what I write for NaNoWriMo, so I have to do this in October-
6. Participate in NaNoWriMo and write 50,000 words- I’m making progress and showing up each morning.
7. Read 8 books that’s for the whole round 4. I’m on track I’ve read 5 .
8. Be a good human and socialize online Goal- Check
9. Be a good Baptist and join a Wednesday night group–Utter failure!
10. Finish my daughter’s bedroom– Doors are now attached.
Now you are all up to date.
How are you doing with your goals and/or NaNoWriMo?