We had an epic Spelling Bee. Yes, I said epic. Baby girl lasted 13 rounds before misspelling Celsius. Which I’m kind of surprised she missed, considering some of the words she spelled correctly. She was part of the top 3 and will move on to the county Bee. We are excited and terribly proud.
After she left the stage an 8th grader and 4th grader were left. Easy pickings? Not a chance. These two went on for a total of 24 rounds. They exhausted the list words and kept going until finally the 4th grader missed a word. The audience held their breath every time a word was given. Even the 1st grade classes were quiet as they watched. It was thrilling. Yes, I promise you it was.
Now, we have a new list of 1,000 words to learn. The kicker is the Bee’s in January. Guess what we’re doing over Christmas break?
On with Row80. Be sure to check in with the Row80 hub and leave a little encouragement for the other participants. In case you are wondering, it finally cooled off. I haven’t seen the sun in two days and the temperature has hovered around a chilly 56*. Yes, I’m smiling.
1. Start revisions of book 2 in my Dragonfly Mystery Series-
I’ve completed one read through. It needs lots of work. Goal is to revise/edit the first 100 pages- This is the NaNo project from last year. No new progress.
2. Send out queries for Dead in the Water- Just the 1.
Plan one new short story- It’s a novel, still counts.
4. Edit/Revise Mystic Brew– I’ve made a list of changes that need to be made. I have a critique group starting.
5. Finish plotting Book 3 in my Dragonfly Mystery Series I have an idea of what’s going to happen. This will be what I write for NaNoWriMo, so I have to do this in October-
6. Participate in NaNoWriMo and write 50,000 words- I’m at 17,302. I’m on track but I didn’t meet my goal of 1800 words yesterday. I need to double up today.
7. Read 8 books that’s for the whole round 4. I’m on track I’ve read 7.
8. Be a good human and socialize online Goal- Barely. NaNo comes before socializing.
9. Be a good Baptist and join a Wednesday night group– Yeah, I’m think this may not happen
10. Finish my daughter’s bedroom– We’ve removed the old desk and the pile of “stuff”. My hubby moved the freezer, but now it’s blocking my Christmas decorations. Not happy.
How are your goals going this week?