OK, it’s not the first day of Christmas. I’m just going with the theme here today. As far as writing goals go, I have accomplished nothing. Christmas has taken over. My house looks like Santa’s elves had a house party. There are boxes, bows, and ribbons, strewn all over my living room. My kitchen has a nice dusting of flour and a heavy sprinkling of colored sugar. The cat has dragged tinsel into every room. Sigh. We are having a gathering at my house this weekend and so major housework is on the horizon.
That’s fine with me. We have attended the school Christmas program, my youngest had a singing solo and a small walk on part. It was awesome. Later in the week we went across the bay to a small church that has a Walk Through Bethlehem. The kids still enjoy that. We’ve also celebrated my mother-in-law’s birthday and our Sunday school party. That was just in one week.
This week, we have a party at our house, a small gathering of my daughter’s friends, and the volleyball banquet. I don’t see much going on beyond Christmas again. It’s OK. Christmas is chaotic but I love it. It’s the one time of the year I don’t mind stepping out of my hermit shell and being with those I love and those I barley know. I love the parties and the fellowship. My kitchen is overflowing with baked goods for people who drop by or to take to elderly neighbors. That is Christmas.
My Goals this week are simple:
- Enjoy every minute with my children, they are now walking into the dark, weird age of teendom. They won’t always want me around, so I will treasure the time I have left. Make memories.
- Thank God for the many blessings in my life. He is given more than I deserve. I will give to those in need.
- Finish critiquing stories/chapters for critique group.
- Finish daughter #1’s bedroom before Christmas.
- Clean my house! YUK!
1. Start revisions of book 2 in my Dragonfly Mystery Series-. Nothing, same 12 pages.
Plan one new short story- Done.
Edit/Revise Mystic Brew– Done.
5. Finish plotting Book 3 in my Dragonfly Mystery Series I have an idea of what’s going to happen. This will be what I write for NaNoWriMo, so I have to do this in October-
6. Participate in NaNoWriMo and write 50,000 words- Done
Read 8 books that’s for the whole round 4. Done!
8. Be a good human and socialize online Goal- Barely.
9. Be a good Baptist and join a Wednesday night group– planning on joining choir.
10. Finish my daughter’s bedroom– Bought paint, and trim work. The door is in.
I’m pretty sure no progress, beyond the room, will be made on this list. I’m OK with that.
How are your goals?