#TBR I can’t believe it’s January. We finally have the cold weather to go with it. Brrrr! I spent most of December reading sappy Christmas novels. Now. I’m ready for something a little different. My goal is to read one book a week, for a total of 52 books this year. If you’ve read this blog for a while you know I don’t usually read everything on my list. I’m a mood reader and sometimes I burn out quick. I’ve actually started a few of these…
January To Be Read list:
- Cinderella Six Feet Under by Maia Chance – This is part of the A Fairy Tale Fatal Mystery. I’m on ch.4. The whole idea around a fairy tale mystery is intriguing. And let’s face it, killing Cinderella sounds like fun. This also fulfills the first book in my Mother-Daughter Reading Challenge.
- Disappearing Nightly by Laura Resnick- I started this book last year but got distracted. I love Esther Diamond and have to finish this one.
- The Crimson Claymore by Craig A. Price Jr.It’s a fantasy book complete with a map. I love maps! This is a local author. I bought the book in December. This one is a long shot to finish in January. Three paperbacks in one month is pushing it but I shall try.
- Hope Chest by Joyce Scarbrough. Another local author. If you haven’t read one of hers yet, go buy one. This is a short story.
- The Dragon’s Curse (The Dragon and the Scholar Book 1) by H.L. Burke. This an almost local writer, she’s in Florida. This will meet another part of the Mother-Daughter Reading Challenge.
- Let’s Get Visible by David Gaughran- A how-to sell more books guide.
- Murder in Half Moon Bay by Nancy Jill Thames
I think that’s enough. (2 out of 52) I’ve already read 2 books:
Wipeout! Surfing Detective Mystery Series Book 2 by Chip Hughes I bought this because I have a secret dream of becoming a big wave surfer and living on the beach in Hawaii. I can’t even skim-board without being injured. It was a fun read. Dialect could be a bit difficult at times but it was a totally different type of mystery.
Double Dip, Davis Way Crime Caper #2 by Gretchen Archer. I bought the first book in the series last year because it was set in nearby Biloxi, Mississippi. These books are hysterical, Love them.
There you go. Plenty of good books to keep me busy.
What’s on your TBR list?