I hope everyone enjoyed the time off between rounds. I took several days off and did nothing. It was wonderful. I recommend you give it a try. If you don’t know about Row80 check it out. It really helps me to stay focused and on track. The participants are great at help each other succeed. Here’s the linky.
Round 2 Goals:
- New Release to publish. It’s finished. I just need to do a final read through and actually publish it. Write a blurb.
- Promotion. That’s a four letter word! I need to promote the new release. Contact three sites/peeps a week on promotion opportunities.
- Camp NaNoWriMo. I love camp. Actually this is the only kind of camping I do. I’m working on a novella ( I think) 25,000 words. I need to write 6,000 words a week.
- Read 4 books a month. This is a year long goal. So far so good. I’ve discovered some new favorites this year.
- Spend 15 minutes a day decluttering. I know there is a movement to live tiny. I have a tiny house, I don’t know why people would downsize to live in a potting shed. That’s just me. We lost storage when daughter #1 got her own room. I’m still going through and throwing things out.
- Spend 15 minutes a day on moving my behind. I obviously can’t commit to anything bigger. Hopefully, by just dedicating myself to 15 minutes of activity I will build a habit. That’s what it’s about, building a habit. I hate to say it, but it is swimsuit season! Well, maybe not where you live. The beach is calling.
- Write two posts a week, not related to Row80. I dropped the ball last round. Blogging fell to the side. It’s hard to write and blog. I’m not good at multi-tasking. All of these goals require better multi-tasking.
- Stop binge watching Netflix. Seriously! I just finished watching season 2 of Daredevil. It was awesome. But I don’t need to find another show to watch. I get lazy real quick. Once I turn the TV on writing stops for the day. No TV three days out of five weekdays.
- Cut the processed foods. Since vegetarian didn’t work, I’m trying something new. My eventual goal is to stop buying processed food. Basically, that means if it’s in a box or can I don’t want it. I’m starting slowly. There are some things I can’t give up. Like chocolate and grits. Those don’t grow naturally, they have to be processed. Flour and sugar fall into the same category. I’m talking about giving up canned veggies and boxes of rice mix. Things like that. They are full of preservatives and salt. Start small. Three meals a week with no processed junk.
- Eat fresh veggies. Before I worked full time, we tilled up the front yard and planted tomatoes and peas. It was wonderful. I miss that. I have plans to visit vegetable stands and eat more local. I miss fresh purple hull peas and bok choy. I’m almost tempted to get chickens, but my dog would eat them. That would be a mess. Two meals a week with something fresh. No frozen! Exchange one snack a day with a healthy snack. It sounds like a snack all day 🙂
- Stay on top of Critique group. I would like to do one a week, but that hasn’t happened. I keep putting it off until the week before he meeting. I won’t tell you how far behind I am at the moment.
I know I should have something else on here but my mind is a blank. I think that’s enough.
What’s on your list?