Spring Break was a rainy mess. It always happens. We took that as a challenge. Wednesday we went to a new museum that opened called Gulfquest. As you can guess from the name it centers around the Gulf of Mexico. It has a strong link to the shipping industry as well. Mobile is a major seaport. It was interesting. I learned a lot. The kids loved it. On Thursday, we went to the beach. In the rain. We watched it rain from a condo, rented by a friend. We played games and ate pizza until the rain stopped enough to walk on the beach. The kids swam in the indoor pool. There was enough chlorine in the air to choke a mermaid. Friday it rained a little. We celebrated by going to the movies to watch Batman vs. Superman. We have our favorite super heroes . My oldest loves Wonder Woman but she was team Batman. My youngest is in love with Superman. I am not a huge fan of DC, I love Marvel. If I had to pick a side it’s Superman. My husband went for the fighting and popcorn. 🙂
I do have one thing to say. Okay, two things. Wonder Woman was awesome! Forget the boys, she stole the movie. Then there was Aquaman. He only has a cameo. But WOW! Gone is the blue-eyed blond California surfer dude. He had this long mane of dark hair and was covered in tribal tattoos. Please tell me he will have a movie. He was hot.
Sorry…. on with the Goals:
Round 2 Goals:
Red highlights were a total failure.
Blue highlights were either constant progress, which I count as a success or completed.
- New Release to publish. Nope. I will be on that next week.
- Promotion. That’s a four letter word! I need to promote the new release. Contact three sites/peeps a week on promotion opportunities. I have a little time before this. It’s not out yet.
- Camp NaNoWriMo. I need to write 6,000 words a week. I’m a little behind. I came in a hair under 6,000 words. Considering it is Spring Break and the kids were home, I did great.
- Read 4 books a month.Almost there. Finished Soldier’s of Fortune. Loved it.
- Spend 15 minutes a day decluttering. Nope! Maybe it’s the garden gnomes wearing all these clothes.
- Spend 15 minutes a day on moving my behind. Yes! I walked everyday. I deserve a cookie. Maybe not a cookie.
- Write two posts a week, not related to Row80. Yes!
- Stop binge watching Netflix. Seriously! I just finished watching season 2 of Daredevil. I did Okay. The kids have discovered Dr. Who. I hate it!
- Cut the processed foods. Three meals a week with no processed junk. I regret this already. Nope!
- Eat fresh veggies. Two meals a week with something fresh. No frozen! Exchange one snack a day with a healthy snack. We won’t even count the number of times I’ve had ice cream this week.
- Stay on top of Critique group. I have one left, but I am way behind. The meeting is Monday and I haven’t even decided what I’m taking this week.
This week has been a learning experience. It was a test to see if I could keep up with writing with the kids home. I did better than expected. I was also more active. Those are positives. I do have to play catch up this coming week. I might even work a little today. I usually take Sunday’s off, but I really need to work on my new release.
How did your week go? How do you beat the rainy days?