I live in the deep south. Our winter sports involve the TV and hot wings. Yesterday we traveled to the state capital for the State Bible Drill. None of our team made it to nationals, but it was a great experience. Afterwards we went to the mall for ice skating. That’s right ice skating. It’s already creeping into the mid 80s, yet three hours away they have a year round ice skating rink.
I love to watch ice skating. It’s graceful and beautiful. I’ve always wanted to try it. Unfortunately, I am accident prone. My sweetie tried to talk me out of it and I’m glad I didn’t let him. I loved it. I was terrible at it and spent most of the time hugging the wall, but those brief seconds I was gliding across the ice was amazing.
That ice is really slick. Really slick. I inched along the wall, shuffling my feet too afraid to pick them up. It took my youngest and husband all of ten minutes to get the hand of it and start zipping around. After twenty minutes I finally made it three feet away. I was drenched in sweat by the time we left.
It was fun and totally alien to me, but I’m glad I gave it a shot.
Round 2 Goals:
Red highlights were a total failure.
Blue highlights were either constant progress, which I count as a success or completed.
New Release to publish.Missing Children is now available. So happy.
- Promotion. I need to make a plan for this. I’m thinking about an Amazon giveaway.
- Camp NaNoWriMo. I need to write 6,000 words a week. Yes! Less than 5,000 words to go.
Read 4 books a month. Almost there. FinishedHurricane Force, book 7 in Miss Fortune Series. Loved it. 4/4
- Spend 15 minutes a day decluttering. 2/6 days.
- Spend 15 minutes a day on moving my behind. I went ice skating and kayaking. 2/6 days
- Write two posts a week, not related to Row80. yes.
- Stop binge watching Netflix. Seriously! I just finished watching season 2 of Daredevil. I did Okay.
- Cut the processed foods. Three meals a week with no processed junk. Yes!
- Eat fresh veggies. Two meals a week with something fresh. No frozen! Exchange one snack a day with a healthy snack. So so, I did have ice cream this week, but I also had low fat yogurt. Nope!
Stay on top of Critique group. At the moment I am caught up.
I consider this week a big win. I published my new short story and spent some time with the family. It’s all good. If I finish my Camp NaNo project next week I’ll consider it a success. My youngest is in a play that will take over our lives. She love sit, so we do it.
What activity have you tried that was alien to you?