May the 4th Be With You
It is Star Wars Day! There’s a holiday for everything. I have a fun little song for you. A word of warning: If you haven’t seen the newest movie, you may not want to watch.
I love Han Solo. What did we do before YouTube? There a plenty more where this came from, but I’ll leave it with one song.
Camp NaNoWriMo just ended so I’m taking a bit of a break from writing to get some things done this week. I had intended to deep clean my house. Yeah right! There are only 3 1/2 weeks left in school. I might wait until summer and then deep clean. Ugh! On the fun side today is Star Wars Day so the kiddies got to wear a Star Wars shirt to school. My youngest wore her Vador shirt and Yoda hat with floppy ears. She’s so cute. Saturday is Free Comic Book Day. Find your local comic shop and drop by. It’s tons of fun. Last year both my girls dressed in full costume, Wonder Woman and Hawkgirl. Sadly, this year no costumes. I think I might cry. They both bailed on Free Comic Book Day for invites to watch Captain America Civil War. They are growing up too fast.
Note: It’s taking forever to write this because I keep switching back to watch 80s songs with scenes from Star Wars. I see my day totally wasted.
Round 2 Goals:
Red highlights were a total failure.
Blue highlights were either constant progress, which I count as a success or completed.
Pink highlights are goals I’m dropping. Really, no surprise there. I hate them.
- Promotion. Yes!!! Shocking I know. I spent 2 1/2 hours yesterday contacting sites and filling out forms.
- Read 4 books a month. Just started The Cat Sitter’s Pajamas by Blaize Clement. A cute cozy with a cat wearing pjs on the cover. I’m almost finished. I could have finished last night, but I fell asleep.
- Spend 15 minutes a day decluttering. Nope. I think I might redo my goals
Spend 15 minutes a day on moving my behind. I say yes. I spent three days chasing children and cleaning up after the theater dinner.Getting rid of this goal. I hate it.
- Write two posts a week, not related to Row80. one out of two. Another posting tomorrow.
- Stop binge watching Netflix. Binge watched James Bond.
Cut the processed foods. Three meals a week with no processed junk.Getting rid of this goal.
Eat fresh veggies. Two meals a week with something fresh. No frozen!Getting rid of this goal.
- Stay on top of Critique group. Nope. I have to start today. I’m running out of time.
- Edit/revise “Stella” for possible submission to a contest.
- Use May as revision month for one of the novellas I wrote this year.
Goals reached for Round 2:
New Release to publish.Missing Children is now available. So happy. Camp NaNoWriMo.I won!!! I am happy to have this novella written. It’s been lurking in the back of my mind for a while.
I don’t feel very productive right now. I’m distracted by other things. Probably because I spent so much energy on NaNo. That’s okay.
How did you do with your goals?