It’s not even June and it’s getting hot. So here you go-
Summer is on it’s way. Man I loved the 80s! There are only two and a half weeks left of school! That’s right we get out before June which only makes since, we start around the first of August. It’s too hot at that point to do anything else might as well go to school in the air conditioning.
I’m planning a vacation to San Antonio- finally. I’ve been trying to get there for the past few years. Growing up we went every three years. My mom grew-up there. I love the city and can’t wait to share it with my girls. I have this insane list of things to do. Most are places I went as a child, the others are places to eat 🙂
My husband mentioned going camping. What!? In the summer in Texas…no way. I told him it’s too hot and there’s no shade. I think he’s finally over the idea. The only camping I do is Camp NaNoWriMo. He should know me better than that.
On with the goals:
Round 2 Goals:
Red highlights were a total failure.
Blue highlights were either constant progress, which I count as a success or completed.
Pink highlights are goals I’m dropping. Really, no surprise there. I hate them.
- Promotion. Yes! I’ve spend a little time each morning looking for ways to promote my newest release. Still need reviews. If a few peeps want to read Missing Children I will gladly send a copy through the wires. I finally joined the Author side of Goodreads.
- Read 4 books a month. I started two books and tossed them aside.
- Spend 15 minutes a day decluttering. I spent over an hour sorting through piles of “writing” clutter and organized my bookshelf.
Spend 15 minutes a day on moving my behind. I say yes. I spent three days chasing children and cleaning up after the theater dinner.Getting rid of this goal. I hate it.
- Write two posts a week, not related to Row80. one out of two.
- Stop binge watching Netflix. Discovered a new show I like- Gotham. Really I know what took so long.
Cut the processed foods. Three meals a week with no processed junk.Getting rid of this goal.
Eat fresh veggies. Two meals a week with something fresh. No frozen!Getting rid of this goal.
- Stay on top of Critique group. I have one left to read and I am tweaking mine.
- Edit/revise “Stella” for possible submission to a contest.
When it was originally written it had holes. It reads more like a heavy synopsis. It would be easier to just start all over. But no. I sorted the scenes out on index cards and have revised the first 785 words.
- Use May as revision month for one of the novellas I wrote this year. Not yet.
- Adding for 5/11- I need to deep clean my house before the children are home for summer.
Goals reached for Round 2:
New Release to publish.Missing Children is now available. So happy. Camp NaNoWriMo.I won!!! I am happy to have this novella written. It’s been lurking in the back of my mind for a while.
I think my head is above water. I’m making a little progress each day. Even if it’s tiny. I feel like I am moving forward and that’s half the battle. For me, if I feel swamped it makes it so much harder to get anything else done. I’m good. I do need to stop eating ‘Smores. What was I thinking when I bought those marshmallows?
How are you doing on your goals?