I only have 1 week left of school. I don’t my kids do. Then my wild ones will be home for the summer. I am not ready. I am, but I’m not. I have all these things I need to do that would be easier if they are not home. Yikes! I better hurry.
I’ve accomplished very little since Sunday. I’ve been busy doing grownup things that are no fun. Bummer. If you wonder if #row80 works- it does. Just this morning I was thinking about how I have not made much progress. I was rummaging in the cabinet for cocoa. All these partial bags of rice and what not kept getting in the way. Then it hit me. An ancient looking bottle of sugar sprinkles fell off the shelf and onto my chest. Seriously! My goals popped in my head and I cleaned out the cabinet. See Row80 works.
Round 2 Goals:
Red highlights were a total failure.
Blue highlights were either constant progress, which I count as a success or completed.
Pink highlights are goals I’m dropping. Really, no surprise there. I hate them.
- Promotion. I made a list of possible review blogs to
- Read 4 books a month. I just finished In A Fix,by Linda Grimes. This is one of my new favorites. I loved it. Great urban fantasy. Now I need the rest of the series. 2/4 books read in May.
- Spend 15 minutes a day decluttering. 1/3 days. I cleaned out a cabinet.
- Write two posts a week, not related to Row80. none. Kids needed the computer for end of year projects and studying for finals. Santa needs to bring me my own laptop. I am not leaving my chair until I get at least one written this morning.
- Stop binge watching Netflix. Nope, but I am halfway through season 1 of Gotham. Totally addicted.
- Stay on top of Critique group. Yes. Finally.
- Edit/revise “Stella” for possible submission to a contest.
I’m at 3,385. That’s about halfway. I still hope to finish by Sunday so I’ll have another week to polish. It may not be long enough for the contest I have in mind.
- Use May as revision month for one of the novellas I wrote this year. Not yet.
- Adding for 5/11- Deep Clean house– I made a list Yeah, that still where I am.
Goals reached for Round 2:
New Release to publish.Missing Children is now available. So happy. Camp NaNoWriMo.I won!!! I am happy to have this novella written. It’s been lurking in the back of my mind for a while.
Spend 15 minutes a day on moving my behind. I say yes. I spent three days chasing children and cleaning up after the theater dinner.Getting rid of this goal. I hate it.
Cut the processed foods. Three meals a week with no processed junk.Getting rid of this goal.
Eat fresh veggies. Two meals a week with something fresh. No frozen!Getting rid of this goal.
I’ll admit, I’m not happy with the way this week started out. I can’t even blame it on being lazy, I’ve just been busy with life. Writing is important I will have to find a balance for summer, at least I won’t be working. In the summer my kids swim for a local swim team. Practice starts Monday, it’s a new team for us. I usually use practice time to read or edit poolside. I hope to continue that this year. But it’s a new pool with new people…
How did you do this week?