Okay, that title is misleading, sort of. I am a list maker. Often times you will see in my #Row80 goals that all I accomplished was making a list. For me, that is the first step in accomplishing a goal. Even if it’s just cleaning the house or packing for a trip. I must have a list.
This has leeched into my writing as well. My main character in Dead in the Water (Coco) is a list maker. I imagine my brain is hard wired for list making. That could explain why I love making playlists. Lists keep me on track and order my steps. There is something totally satisfying about taking a pen and marking something off the list. A feeling of accomplishment.
That could be another reason Row80 works for me. On with the goals:
Round 2 Goals:
Red highlights were a total failure.
Blue highlights were either constant progress, which I count as a success or completed.
Pink highlights are goals I’m dropping. Really, no surprise there. I hate them.
- Promotion. I have contacted 5 reviews this week. I hope to contact a few more.
- Read 4 books a month. I finished Savvy. It was a fun middle grade read. It had a unique plot and voice. 3/4 books read in May.
- Spend 15 minutes a day decluttering. Currently working my way through the refrigerator and freezer.
- Write two posts a week, not related to Row80. 1/2 so far.
- Stop binge watching Netflix. Success so far. Nothing new to watch 🙂 That could be the other reason I’m making progress.
- Stay on top of Critique group. Yes. 1/6 so far. I hope to read another this week.
- Edit/revise “Stella” for possible submission to a contest.
Finished round 1 revisions. No new progress
- Use May as revision month for one of the novellas I wrote this year. Not yet. This will have to wait until school is out. Life is chaos at the moment.
- Adding for 5/11- Deep Clean house– No new progress. Half-pint decided to pick the sugar jar up by the lid. You can imagine what happened next. We have swept and mopped repeatedly and it still feels sticky in places. The funny part is it landed all over the cat feeding area. Kitty was not impressed.
Goals reached for Round 2:
New Release to publish.Missing Children is now available. So happy. Camp NaNoWriMo.I won!!! I am happy to have this novella written. It’s been lurking in the back of my mind for a while.
Spend 15 minutes a day on moving my behind. I say yes. I spent three days chasing children and cleaning up after the theater dinner.Getting rid of this goal. I hate it.
Cut the processed foods. Three meals a week with no processed junk.Getting rid of this goal.
Eat fresh veggies. Two meals a week with something fresh. No frozen!Getting rid of this goal.
Between the end of year projects, exams, swim season starting, and my writing I do feel a bit like I’m drowning. This time of year is always chaotic. By the second week in June things should calm down. We had our first swim team meeting yesterday, for new members. That was interesting. Both girls were happy to get back in the swim of things 🙂 Once the newness wears down, I think the chaos will slow…as much as it can with teenagers in the house.
How does your life change when summer arrives?