It’s #summer and #swim season has started. Hoot! Hoot! This is my view most days:
Lovely. There is nothing like the smell of chlorine in the morning! Swim practice gives me an hour or so to edit. I have to have something portable. Taking a laptop to the pool is just asking for trouble. I pack a bag with pages to critique/edit and a collection of pens/markers. I find a quiet corner, pop in the earbuds, and get to work. It’s amazing what you can accomplish in an hour.
On with my #goals:
Round 2 Goals:
Red highlights were a total failure.
Blue highlights were either constant progress, which I count as a success or completed.
Pink highlights are goals I’m dropping. Really, no surprise there. I hate them.
- Promotion. Yes, I have continued to send out requests.
- Read 4 books a month. I started Revenge of the Chili Queens. I hope to finish it soon. May not make it before the month ends. 3/4 books read in May.
- Spend 15 minutes a day decluttering. Kind of. 3/6 days.
- Write two posts a week, not related to Row80. yes.
- Stop binge watching Netflix. Success so far. Nothing new to watch That could be the other reason I’m making progress.
- Stay on top of Critique group. Yes. 3/6 so far. I hope to read another this week. I still have three weeks? Maybe.
- Edit/revise “Stella” for possible submission to a contest.
No new progress
- Use May as revision month for one of the novellas I wrote this year. Not yet. This will have to wait until school is out. Life is chaos at the moment.
- Adding for 5/11- Deep Clean house– None. The kids brought home a ton of junk from school and I have to sort through all of that.
Goals reached for Round 2:
New Release to publish.Missing Children is now available. So happy. Camp NaNoWriMo.I won!!! I am happy to have this novella written. It’s been lurking in the back of my mind for a while.
Spend 15 minutes a day on moving my behind. I say yes. I spent three days chasing children and cleaning up after the theater dinner.Getting rid of this goal. I hate it.
Cut the processed foods. Three meals a week with no processed junk.Getting rid of this goal.
Eat fresh veggies. Two meals a week with something fresh. No frozen!Getting rid of this goal.
There’s a bit of mix between blue and red this week. I’m now in summer mode. It may take a few weeks to get the kinks worked out, but I hope it all runs smoothly. This will be the first year where we have swimming and volleyball. We may end up with chaos!
How did your week go?