I spent last week in San Antonio. It was a great trip, but I am glad to be home. It was kind of a family history vacation. My mom grew up there and we spent many vacations in Texas. This was the first visit for my husband and kids. I had the fun of taking them to the places I remembered from childhood and others that had to do with family lore. I’ll have more on my trip in later posts.
Today marks three weeks to the end of round 2 of #row80. Hard to believe. Since I was on vacation the only goal I worked on was reading. I finished two books. It’s a loooooooong drive to Texas. Because of that I have re-evaluated my goals. If you want to read my original goals you can find them here.
Let’s get on with it. There are two anthologies I want to submit to and that will take precedence in my goals. One deadline is in July. I’ve dropped the others.
Round 2 Goals:
Red highlights were a total failure.
Blue highlights were either constant progress, which I count as a success or completed.
Pink highlights are goals I’m dropping. Really, no surprise there. I hate them.
- Read 4 books a month.Finished Revenge of the Chili Queens and Black Cat Crossing. Enjoyed reading them both and am looking forward to book 2 in the Bad Luck Cat series. Both books are set in Texas, which is why I took them with me 🙂 I’ve read 33/52 books for the year.
- Write two posts a week, not related to Row80. yes. I think I did. I wrote them before I left 🙂
- Stay on top of Critique group. 3/6 so far. I need to work on my submission as well.
- Edit/revise “Stella” for possible submission to a contest. It needs to be tightened.
- Edit/revise “Mermaid”- This has been through critique group and I need to address issues.
- Edit/revise “Monster”- I have a rough, rough draft. It needs the most work and has the least amount of time.
All three are short stories, less than 7,000 words. With an hour each day at swim practice I should be able to get a handle on these.
There you go. I have 3 weeks to get this wrapped up. I better get to work. The kids are huddled around Netflix with Phineas and Ferb.
How is the last few weeks looking for you?