I’m a bit late with this post. Sorry, I’ve had my daughter’s 12th birthday/slumber party to plan. Today’s the day. I have a package of Earplugs waiting 🙂 Should be fun. I think I’ve rounded up all my goals. I accomplished more than I thought. My progress was slower than I wanted and I did have to give up a few. No big deal there, I didn’t like those anyway. You can tell how I feel about the goal by it’s color. Chances are goals I didn’t meet and thought I could have done more with are green. Others I gave myself more leeway.
Round 2 Goals:
Red highlights were a total failure.
Blue highlights were either constant progress, which I count as a success or completed.
Pink highlights are goals I’m dropping. Really, no surprise there. I hate them.
Green highlights are goals I worked on but didn’t complete.
- Promotion. I worked on this some, but not enough. The reality is, to make it as an indie author you have to make promotion a habit and an ongoing part of your plan.
- Read 4 books a month. I was one book short in May but I surpassed four most of the time. I am at 37/52 books for the year.
- Spend 15 minutes a day decluttering. In reality this should be pink and red. I failed at it and gave up.
- Write two posts a week, not related to Row80. Not a total failure, but I didn’t accomplish it every week. I tried. Sometimes posting on a regular basis can be hard. Especially, when I’m actively writing and editing.
- Stop binge watching Netflix. I tried. Some weeks were better than others. At the moment I am hooked on Shield.
- Stay on top of Critique group. Yes. I was actually ready ahead of time this month.
- Edit/revise “Stella” for possible submission to a contest.
She is ready for critique. I’d hate to submit her as is, but I might.
- Use May as revision month for one of the novellas I wrote this year. With all my edits/revisions I didn’t have time to even start this.
- Adding for 5/11- Deep Clean house I made it through 1/3 of the house.
- Edit/revise “Mermaid”– I’m marking it blue. I just need an hour at the computer and she will be ready for submission.
- Edit/revise “Monster”– Monster is currently with a critique member.
- New Release to publish.
- Camp NaNoWriMo. I won!!! I am happy to have this novella written. It’s been lurking in the back of my mind for a while.
- Cut the processed foods. Three meals a week with no processed junk.
- Eat fresh veggies. Two meals a week with something fresh. No frozen!
There you go my Round 2 row80 review.
How did you do this round?