I feel like I cheated y’all on the June TBR. I went on vacation and didn’t take any of the books I planned on reading. Instead I went to the library and checked out every cozy I could find set in Texas. Bonus points for those set in San Antonio. When I returned I tried to pick up a few of these to read. Let’s see how I did.
June TBR List
- Of Love and Other Demons by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
–Nope to heavy for summer. DNF.
- A Highly Unlikely Scenario or, A Neetsa Pizza Employee’s Guide to Saving the World by Rachel Cantor- do I need to give a reason. The title is awesome. DNF
Ruby Redby Kerstin Gier- Great read. Read it in 3 days and loved it.
The Girl Who Could Flyby Victoria Forester- This was a cute read. Great for comic book readers.
- A Snicker of Magic by Natalie Lloyd- This was recommended to me by my oldest daughter. She also says I will love it.
- Pushing Up Bluebonnets by Leann Sweeney
- Curiosity Killed the Cat Sitter by Blaize Clement- This is book 1 in the Dixie Hemingway series. I loved the last one.
- Short & Tall Tales in Goose Pimple Junction by Amy Metz
- Changing Habits by Alice Loweecey
- Whiskey Sour by J.A.Konrath
- The Housewife Assassin’s Handbook by Josie Brown
Murder in the Library by Steve DemareeNice cozy read. New take on a locked room mystery.
Others I read:
Black Cat Crossing ( A Bad Luck Cat Mystery #1)by Kay Finch- I loved it. For many reasons. One, I have a black cat who is plotting to take over the world. No bad luck with her. The protagonist is an aspiring mystery writer, so I could really identify. Book 2 isn’t out yet, but I plan on reading it when it is published. Revenge of the Chili Queensby Kylie Logan- I grew up hearing stories about the chili queens of San Antonio. The cover has a lovely picture of the Alamo. Yes, that’s why I check it out. It was good. I did get turned around a few times over characters but it was entertaining. Murder with a Twistby Tracy Kiely- This book was witty and fun. I loved it. 179 Ways to Save a Novelby Peter Selgin- This book was okay there were a few things inside I found helpful. It leaned heavy on literary fiction.
Wow. Don’t you love it when you surprise yourself? I do. I didn’t think I had read that many books. 7 books in June. That brings the grand total for 2016 to 38/52. For those of you with terrible math skills I have completed 73% of my reading goal for this year.
I think I enjoyed Ruby Red the most or Murder with a Twist. Both of those were great.
What’s your favorite book so far this summer?