We are at the halfway mark for summer. School starts here August 8. I know shocking. I have ordered school textbooks and will soon be buying uniforms and school supplies. Summer passes so fast. Sadly, I’ve only been to the beach once. If that’s not enough, the presidential election is in a few months and puts me in the mood for something historical. I’ll have to take a trip to the library and see if I can find something on the American Revolution. Or maybe a biography on an Olympian…athlete that is not Athenian. So many books to read.
- The Fire in Fiction by Donald Maass, I’ve actually read the to 122. It’s a bit dry but it’s filled with good information.
- 45 Master Characters by Victoria Lynn Schmidt. I hope to read this, although it smells like cigarettes. It may go back to the library unread.
- The House That Made Me edited by Grant Jarrett. Writers on the people and places that defined them.
- Story Trumps Structure by Steven James.
- The Pact by Jodi Picoult
- Mardi Gras in Mobile by L. Craig Roberts. It has lots of fun pictures!
- Storm Front by Jim Butcher. It took a while to find book 1 in the Dresden Files.
- Plot and Structure by James Scott Bell
- Joy, A Kate Redman Short Story by Celina Grace
- Sharpe Edge by Lisa B. Thomas (S)
- A Ghost for Christmas by J. D. Winters
You may notice a theme on the Kindle. They are all Christmas stories. Summer is sizzling here, add hot flashes to the forecast and I am about to melt. I’m hoping a little “cool” reading will help.
*Edit- I just signed up for the Goodreads 2016 Summer Challenge in the Cozy Mysteries Group. I have until Sept. 21 to read books with first letters (or authors names) to spell out- Ocean Waves. Hmmm, I’ll need different books. I can use Sharpe Edge for the “S” in waves.
What do you plan on reading this month?