Today is the first day in Round 3 of #Row80. I am in for another round. Yeah! I’m keeping this short and sweet, it is the 4th of July and I have fish to fry. A quick thank you to all of our service men and women. Freedom is not free.
I went back to my yearly goals to see how I’m doing and round 2 goals. That’s how I came up with this round’s goals. If you want to participate in Row80 you can click here. Join in the fun, there’s plenty of encouragement to go around.
Basically, I need to make this a priority. Not so much “buy my book” but become more out there. This is a real grey area for me.
- Read 4 books a month.
This is gimme goal. It makes me feel better to have one or two I know I can scratch off. My goal is 52 books by the end of December. I’ve read 40 so far. I also joined the Goodreads Cozy group mini summer challenge.
- Write two posts a week, not related to Row80. This should be an easy, but it’s not. I tend to ignore the blog when I am knee deep in writing or editing.
- Stay on top of Critique group.
This another gimme goal. I have to stay up to date or my group will hunt me down.
- Edit/revise “Stella” for possible submission to a contest.
I want to do one more run through before sending this one out. I know where I want to send it, but I can’t remember the deadline.
- Edit/revise “Mermaid”
Again, I want do one more read through. The deadline for this one is September. I think.
- Edit/revise “Monster” I am working through the last of the edits. Then I’ll read it again. My overall goal is to send this out by July 11.
- Sort through critique remarks on Dead in the Water. This just keeps getting pushed back. I have the first 9 chapters or so that need cleaning up. They’ve been through my critique group, I just need to dig in and get it done.
- Teach my girls how to make a dress I read an article on Facebook relating how young adults don’t know basic skills. Making a dress isn’t a basic skill, but they already know how to sew on a button and make pajamas. Now, they are going to learn how to make a simple dress.
- Teach them to properly wash clothes They know the basics, yet they still don’t do it right. I think my husband taught them.
- Teach them how to make one meal from start to finish without help. Every teen needs one meal they can make without help. Frozen pizza and hot dogs do not count.
- Buy school supplies and organize all the school stuff. Yes, it is that time of year again. We have a month before school starts. I almost want to cry. Second week of August is the deadline for that.
Wowzers! I have some work to do.
What are your goals for round 3?