On Wednesday we usually have swim practice. Not today. Today we had lightening and thunder. Baby girl is NOT happy. She’s been out of water since Friday, due to the holiday. She’s also missing practice this Friday to go crabbing with my dad. She’s disappointed but she loves crabbing. On the bright side after I post this she gets to make her skirt. 😉
Since there was no practice I took the kids home, just mine no add ons, and made them do Zumba with me. That was funny to watch. For breakfast I had yogurt, grapes, and a cheese stick! Am I turning over a new leaf? Probably not. I was starving by 10am. I am trying to sneak in a little healthy food and activities to my slug life. I really do enjoy Zumba. I need a DVD.
On with the goals. My original goals can be found here.
Red highlights were a total failure.
Blue highlights with constant progress
Pink highlights are goals I’m dropping. Really, no surprise there. I hate them.
I haven’t sent anything new out. I did receive a new 4 star review on Missing Children. I need to send out a few tweets about that.
- Read 4 books a month.
I have read 3 already! A Snicker of Magic by Natalie Lloyd, The Fire in Fiction by Donald Maass, and Joy: A Kate Redman Short Story by Celina Grace- Two of these books I started in June but didn’t finish.
- Write two posts a week, not related to Row80. Nada!
- Stay on top of Critique group. Nada!
- Edit/revise “Stella” for possible submission to a contest.
- Edit/revise “Mermaid”
- Edit/revise “Monster” I just submitted this to the online critique group.
- Sort through critique remarks on Dead in the Water. Not yet
- Teach my girls how to make a dress
Not yet but I am about to help one make a skirt. So it counts.
- Teach them to properly wash clothes
They are in the wash as I type.
- Teach them how to make one meal from start to finish without help. This was scheduled for last night, but an unexpected dinner guest put a halt to it.
- Buy school supplies and organize all the school stuff. I had the girls go through what they have from last year and make a list of what is needed.
There’s a lot of red but the round started Monday, so I’m okay with that.
How did your first few days go?