I started writing my post for #Row80 and it morphed into something else. So now, I’m trying again.
Not much has happened since Monday. I’ve been cleaning up my writing area and calendar. See my post tomorrow for details. It’s the end of summer, the kids will be back at school in two weeks. Which means I will be back at work. I’m trying to get my gators in tow for a smooth transition.
I’m also cleaning up my row80 goals. They’ve gotten a bit out of hand. So let’s get to it.
Red highlights were a total failure.
Blue highlights with constant progress strike-through means completed.
Pink highlights are goals I’m dropping. Really, no surprise there. I hate them.
Green highlights new goals added.
I haven’t sent anything new out. Goal- 3 emails a week.
- Write two posts a week, not related to Row80. I have one for tomorrow.
- Stay on top of Critique group. Complete one per week. None yet this month. I have extra this month, my writing group is putting together an anthology for publication next year.
- Edit/revise “Stella” for possible submission to a contest.
Not yet. I missed the deadline for the contest I was interested in. Now I need to find a new home for her.
- Sort through critique remarks on Dead in the Water. I plan on starting this week. Goal: 5,000 edited words a week.
- Teach them to properly wash clothes
Nothing new here to report.
- Teach them how to make one meal from start to finish without help. Nothing new here.
- Buy school supplies and organize all the school stuff. Still working on this. Still need a blazer.
- Draw the current kitchen footprint. This is a daunting task. I can’t visualize what I want and it’s hard to determine the amount of space I need for things.
- Contact a body at the hardware store to discuss cabinet options and prices. I really need to talk to someone.
- Make a wishlist for the kitchen. Working on it. I have a stack of magazine’s I’m going over trying to decide what we need versus what just looks cool.
Organize my writer’s calendar and mark upcoming due dates and expectations.At least I did this!
- Plot out a story that popped in my head. Goal – have a full plot before the end of this round. This may be my writing project for NaNo. I’m not sure how long it will be.
- Create a list of tweets for each story I have out to make promotion easier! – A list of 10 tweets per story by end of round.
That’s depressing! Too much red. BUT I have been thinking and planning. I will admit yesterday I read all day. It was wonderful! Anytime reading is not wasted time. Funny thing, I made notes in the margin regarding the author’s style and how she handled certain issues. That counts for something!
I’ve been doing a lot of editing/critiquing and little writing. That bothers me. New goal:
- Free writing at least 3 times a week.
Below are the goals completed so far for round 3.
Read 4 books a month. 10/4
I’ve increased the number of books I wish to read this year from 52 to 60.
Empty cabinet under stove for stove installation. Teach my girls how to make a dress Edit/revise “Monster” Edit/revise “Mermaid”
There’s a lot going on here. Let me grab some coffee.
How did you start the week?