I spent the weekend at City Meet. The massive city wide swim meet. Baby girl had an awesome meet. She placed in several events, first time ever!
She came in at #4 for 12 year-olds overall. So proud of her. Unlike most sports, in swimming you’re swimming against yourself, trying to beat your past times. Yes, you swim against five other kids, sometimes more, but the goal is to make better times. It’s also the only sport where the coach yells at you for breathing!
Anyway. City Meet marked the end of summer swim. My mermaid is a little depressed over that. Now, she has to wait a few weeks until the school swim team starts up. This will be her first year on the team. She has her sights set on the Olympics. I’m not sure how I feel about that 😉
Everyone needs a goal…here are mine for row80.
Red highlights were a total failure.
Blue highlights with constant progress strike-through means completed.
Pink highlights are goals I’m dropping. Really, no surprise there. I hate them.
Green highlights new goals added.
I haven’t sent anything new out. Goal- 3 emails a week. No emails, but I did a little on social media. So not a total failure.
- Write two posts a week, not related to Row80. Done!
- Stay on top of Critique group. Complete one per week. 1/8
- Edit/revise “Stella” for possible submission to a contest.
Not yet. I missed the deadline for the contest I was interested in. Now I need to find a new home for her.
- Sort through critique remarks on Dead in the Water. Goal: 5,000 edited words a week. I’m working on the first 5,000 words.
- Teach them to properly wash clothes
Nothing new here to report.
- Teach them how to make one meal from start to finish without help. They made chocolate chip cookies, but I don’t think that really counts. They’ve been making those for years.
Buy school supplies and organize all the school stuff.
We are officially ready for school.
- Draw the current kitchen footprint. This is a daunting task. I can’t visualize what I want and it’s hard to determine the amount of space I need for things.
- Contact a body at the hardware store to discuss cabinet options and prices. I really need to talk to someone.
- Make a wishlist for the kitchen. So many choices to make.
- Plot out a story that popped in my head. Goal – have a full plot before the end of this round. Working on it. I have two plot cards. Not much most of it is back history.
- Create a list of tweets for each story I have out to make promotion easier! – A list of 10 tweets per story by end of round.
- Free writing at least 3 times a week so far 1/3 days. I’m using a prompt from a magazine, Night at the Museum.
Below are the goals completed so far for round 3.
Read 4 books a month. 10/4
I’ve increased the number of books I wish to read this year from 52 to 60.
Empty cabinet under stove for stove installation. Teach my girls how to make a dress Edit/revise “Monster” Edit/revise “Mermaid” Organize my writer’s calendar and mark upcoming due dates and expectations.
I’m about half and half last week. I don’t know how much I’ll accomplish this week. It’s the last week of summer and we have a long list of things to do. That’s right, school starts in one week. Where did summer go? What happened to the full 3 months of summer from my youth? Hopefully a movie or something will be involved.
Do you have an plans for the end of summer?