Summer just flew by. School is about to start and my mind is already looking forward to fall swim meets and volleyball games. Not to mention- Halloween 😉 Eek! I love fall, cooler weather, leaves falling from trees, and candy corn. Unfortunately, I have months before the weather cools. August on the Gulf Coast feels more like a settlement on the sun.
Let’s look at my August TBR list:
- The Mermaid Chair by Sue Monk Kidd- I stared this book earlier in the week and I love the way it’s written.
- Sapphire Blue by Kerstin Gier- book 2 to the Ruby Red book
- The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel by Deborah Moggach- I loved the movie, must read the book.
- Seven Deadlies A Cauionary Tale by Gigi Levangie- I just love the title.
- Never Buried by Edie Claire- this is for the Goodreads summer challenge, letter (N).
- Alas, She Drowned by Monica Knightley- letter (A).
- Virtually Scared to Death by Gillian Larken- letter (V)
- Storm Front by Jim Butcher. It took a while to find book 1 in the Dresden Files.
- Plot and Structure by James Scott Bell
That looks like a nice variety of books. I really want to read Storm Front before Halloween. I don’t know why but I do. I’m using the Goodreads challenge to read some of the mysteries that I have on my Kindle. I am way over 250 books at this point.
What do you have on your TBR for August?