School has started. I had mixed feelings at first, but now I’m glad they’re back at school. I spent last week getting everything ready- so I accomplished very little on my #row80 list. Insomnia hit as well so I was totally messed up. The kids are in school. Volleyball practice is in full swing and swim practice starts in two weeks. Good news is, with the girls in middle school they are old enough to fill out the mountain of paperwork school requires parents to fill out. All I have to do is look over it and sign.
I had hoped to keep up with my goals during the transition to school. Insert evil laugh here. I also intended to start an exercise program. I know I hate exercise. But I do enjoy Zumba so I bought a DVD. I was planning to start it this morning. After standing in the heat and humidity for an hour this morning, exercise is the last thing I want to do. My secret identity is a crossing guard. I think I’ll take a walk at the mall instead. On with the goals.
Red highlights were a total failure.
Blue highlights with constant progress strike-through means completed.
Pink highlights are goals I’m dropping. Really, no surprise there. I hate them.
Green highlights new goals added.
Goal- 3 emails a week &/or participate in 3 twitter memes. NO! In this category I am including participation in hashtags memes like: #1linewed. I did do that this morning so that something.
- Write two posts a week, not related to Row80. No.
- Stay on top of Critique group. Complete one per week. I lost track of time. Our meeting is Monday. I’m a little behind. This is the only goal I have really worked on so I’m marking it blue. I have 4 left. My submission is almost finished.
- Edit/revise “Stella” for possible submission to a contest.
- Sort through critique remarks on Dead in the Water. Goal: 5,000 edited words a week. I’m a week behind but I finished the first 6,000 words. I may need to make it 5,000 words every two weeks. I’m working on the formatting as well as the writing.
- Teach them to properly wash clothes
This week it was easier to do it myself. This weekend we will have a lesson on washing uniforms. Fun.
- Teach them how to make one meal from start to finish without help. Nope!
- Draw the current kitchen footprint. I am too busy getting school organized to even think about the kitchen.
- Contact a body at the hardware store to discuss cabinet options and prices.
- Make a wishlist for the kitchen.
- Plot out a story that popped in my head. Goal – have a full plot before the end of this round. I have three handwritten pages of ideas/backstory. I have insomnia to thank for that.
- Create a list of tweets for each story I have out to make promotion easier! – A list of 10 tweets per story by end of round. I have 6 tweets for Mystic Brew.
- Free writing at least 3 times a week Nope!
- Read 4 books a month.
1/4-This is so sad. I have been reading the same book for well over a week. 😦 I try not to read at night when I have insomnia. I tend to doze off and that makes it even harder to go to sleep.
Below are the goals completed so far for round 3.
Empty cabinet under stove for stove installation. Teach my girls how to make a dress Edit/revise “Monster” Edit/revise “Mermaid” Organize my writer’s calendar and mark upcoming due dates and expectations.
Buy school supplies and organize all the school stuff.
Yikes! It looks like someone bled all over my goals. Better luck next week.
How did your week go?