That can not be right. Only two weeks left in Round 3 of Row80. #Row80 is an awesome writing challenge that knows you have a life. Be sure to check out other participants and leave a word of encouragement. Round 3 ends on September 22. I don’t have a fun story to share so I’m going straight to the goals today.
Red highlights were a total failure.
Blue highlights with constant progress strike-through means completed.
Pink highlights are goals I’m dropping. Really, no surprise there. I hate them.
Green highlights new goals added.
Goal- 3 emails a week &/or participate in 3 twitter memes. I’ve barely looked at Twitter this week.
- Write two posts a week, not related to Row80. Yes. 1/2. No clue what the next one will be.
- Stay on top of Critique group. I really need to read 3 this week. 1/3. I had to take little bit to swim practice. They switched pools for this week because of maintenance. The new pool is 30 minutes away, so I went to the local Whataburger and worked on critiques. Just me a drink, fries, and a stack of paper 🙂
- Edit/revise “Stella” for possible submission to a contest.
- Sort through critique remarks on Dead in the Water. Goal: 5,000 edited words a week. I’m not on track for the week but I have made progress. It’s taken longer than a week to edit 5,000 words. I may need to expand the time allowed.
Set1 (chapters 1-3) completed Set 2 (chapters 4-5) completedBefore I move on to set 3 (chapters 6-7) I want to reread the chapters and move a few things around. Still need to do this. I want the first 10 chapters finished by October 5.
- Teach them how to make one meal from start to finish without help. Dropped until sports season is over. We are never home now.
- Contact a body at the hardware store to discuss cabinet options and prices.
- Make a wishlist for the kitchen.
- Plot out a story that popped in my head. Goal – have a full plot before the end of this round. This has stalled. I did decide to combine two story ideas into one.
- Free writing at least 3 times a week Nope!
- Read 4 books a month.
1/4- I am reading Escape Route by GA VanDruff. I love it. Plenty of humor. This will finish off my Summer Reading Challenge for GoodReads. I am also reading It’s A Wonderful Knife by Christine Wenger. I like it, but I keep tripping over the names.
Write a new ending for Monster, edit, and revise by September 7.This should be blue. I worked most of yesterday on my ending. Finished it up and sent it to two critique partners. They did a quick turn around and sent it back. I’m marking this complete. At this point, like right after I publish this, I will make the necessary adjustments and send Monster on its merry way. Then I wait. Again.
Below are the goals completed so far for round 3.
Empty cabinet under stove for stove installation. Teach my girls how to make a dress Edit/revise “Monster” Edit/revise “Mermaid” Organize my writer’s calendar and mark upcoming due dates and expectations.
Buy school supplies and organize all the school stuff. Teach them to properly wash clothes Draw the current kitchen footprint. Create a list of tweets for each story I have out to make promotion easier!–
There are times when it feels like I am treading water. That’s what this week feels like. I have made progress on the “bigger” project. Meaning the one with a deadline attached. The smaller ones have fallen to the side. I’m okay with that. I am moving forward. I knew when I made my goal list that there was a lot of revision listed. I am a slow editor. It takes time. I’m happy with my progress. I’ll be even happier if Monster makes it into the anthology 🙂 If not, I will find another home for it.
How is your week going?