Last night I was watching The Finest Hours. I love a good disaster movie, goes back to watching Poseidon Adventure as a little tyke. Heck, I love a bad disaster flick. I haven’t watched all of The Finest Hours yet. As I watched last night I was distracted. Not by Chris Pine, although he is a cutie, but by the storm.
I understand hurricanes, tornados, and even tsunami’s. I can visualize a blizzard. But a Nor’easter makes no sense to me. First off, it happens in winter. Really, winter is so calm here. Actually, it’s quite pleasant. No overbearing heat and humidity and only a month or so of actual cold weather. I love winter. From the movie, it looks like a Nor’easter is a cross between a tropical storm and a blizzard. That’s just crazy. I don’t want any part of that. On with Row80.
There are only 11 days to go with this round of #row80. Time to buckle down.
Red highlights were a total failure.
Blue highlights with constant progress strike-through means completed.
Pink highlights are goals I’m dropping. This time, they were dropped because my life is crazy right now and I don’t have time for it.
Green highlights new goals added.
Goal- 3 emails a week &/or participate in 3 twitter memes. I send out a ton of emails for promotion opportunities. I hope to participate more on Twitter this week. I enjoy twitter, much more than Facebook. You can find me @CKRich2
- Write two posts a week, not related to Row80. Yes. 2/2.
- Stay on top of Critique group. I need to read 3 this week. 3/6. Thanks to swim practice I am on top of this for the moment. I still hate the 30-minute drive.
- Edit/revise “Stella” for possible submission to a contest. The deadline is Sept. 30. I need to look over it a bit more.
- Sort through critique remarks on Dead in the Water. Goal: 5,000 edited words a week. I’m not on track for the week but I have made progress. It’s taken longer than a week to edit 5,000 words. I may need to expand the time allowed.
Set1 (chapters 1-3) completed Set 2 (chapters 4-5) completedBefore I move on to set 3 (chapters 6-7) I want to reread the chapters and move a few things around. Still need to do this. I want the first 10 chapters finished by October 5.
- Teach them how to make one meal from start to finish without help. Cgirl made a batch of Lime-Blackberry Cupcakes with minimal
interferencehelp from me. They were surprisingly good. The combination seemed odd to me, but they were tasty.
- Contact a body at the hardware store to discuss cabinet options and prices.
- Make a wish list for the kitchen.
- Plot out a story that popped in my head. Goal – have a full plot before the end of this round. This has stalled. I did decide to combine two story ideas into one.
- Free writing at least 3 times a week Nope!
- Read 4 books a month.
1/4- I finished Escape Route by GA VanDruff. It’s so funny. I loved it. I am currently reading Lowcountry Book Club by Susan M. Boyer. She is one of my all-time favorite writers. Her books are funny and drip Southern. It’s not a traditional cozy in that there’s a ghost. I highly recommend all of her books. If you don’t read cozies give her a try or Laura Resnick. Totally different styles but equally awesome.
Below are the goals completed so far for round 3.
Empty cabinet under stove for stove installation. Teach my girls how to make a dress Edit/revise “Monster” Edit/revise “Mermaid” Organize my writer’s calendar and mark upcoming due dates and expectations.
Buy school supplies and organize all the school stuff. Teach them to properly wash clothes Draw the current kitchen footprint. Create a list of tweets for each story I have out to make promotion easier!– Write a new ending for Monster, edit, and revise by September 7.
Before I typed out my progress I was feeling better about my goals, now I want chocolate. I am working through my goals and continuing to make progress. That’s what really matters– right? I’m also making progress on my Halloween list, more on that in a different post.
How was your week?