I am knee deep in party prep for Daughter #1. She’s turning 14! I’m not ready for this. To top it off she just bought her first pair of wedge ankle boots. She’s already 5’7 and because of her height has had no interest in high heels. Since wedges are flat on the bottom, she was willing to give them a try. She loves them and towers over me. Her costume is Sherlock from the BBC, the boots will work great for that.
Cgirl’s party is a black cat-themed costume party. We have a black cat 🙂 You would think it would be easy to find party supplies with a black cat. Nope. Everything has pumpkins, witches, and skulls. We added glow-in-the-dark. I’m amazed at what we can find that glows-in-the-dark- table cloths, food containers, paper cut-outs, everything glows. I have a serious love for anything that glows. I have nail polish and socks that glows in the dark. It’s awesome.
Sweeties Uncle Sam costume is almost finished, only the blue jacket is left. I found a star spangled fascinator at the costume shop, glad I don’t have to make that. Now, I just have to finish the Buttercup costume. I cut the paper pattern pieces out yesterday. Looks a bit tricky, more fitted than I really wanted. I will have pictures of all of us together. Promise.
On with Row80:
Only 5 days left. Time to get to work. Hop over to the Row80 blog and spread the encouragement as we rush through the last few days.
Red highlights were a total failure.
Blue highlights with constant progress strike-through means completed.
Pink highlights are goals I’m dropping. This time, they were dropped because my life is crazy right now and I don’t have time for it.
Green highlights new goals added.
Goal- 3 emails a week &/or participate in 3 twitter memes. Not much this week. I’m in a holding pattern.
- Write two posts a week, not related to Row80. nope. 1/2.
- Stay on top of Critique group. All caught up. I didn’t finish until last night. Critique group meets tomorrow.
- Edit/revise “Stella” for possible submission to a contest. The deadline is Sept. 30. I need to look over it a bit more.
- Sort through critique remarks on Dead in the Water. Goal: 5,000 edited words a week.
Set1 (chapters 1-3) completed Set 2 (chapters 4-5) completedset 3 (chapters 6-7) reread the chapters 1-5I want the first 10 chapters finished by October 5. I’ve looked through all the notes and needed edits for set 3, now I need to complete them. Today, I will work on formatting set 3. I’m still working on set 3.
- Teach them how to make one meal from start to finish without help.
- Contact a body at the hardware store to discuss cabinet options and prices.
- Make a wish list for the kitchen.
- Plot out a story that popped in my head. Goal – have a full plot before the end of this round. This has stalled. I did decide to combine two story ideas into one.
- Free writing at least 3 times a week Nope!
- Read 4 books a month.
2/4- I finished reading Lowcountry Book Club by Susan M. Boyer. I am now reading Golden Malicious by Sheila Connolly. I’m enjoying it, I’ve never read this author before.
Below are the goals completed so far for round 3.
Empty cabinet under stove for stove installation. Teach my girls how to make a dress Edit/revise “Monster” Edit/revise “Mermaid” Organize my writer’s calendar and mark upcoming due dates and expectations.
Buy school supplies and organize all the school stuff. Teach them to properly wash clothes Draw the current kitchen footprint. Create a list of tweets for each story I have out to make promotion easier!– Write a new ending for Monster, edit, and revise by September 7.
It looks like I haven’t made much progress, but what I have accomplished took time. And I’ve been really busy with my teenagers active life.
How did your week shape up?