I love fall. It doesn’t last long here, but I enjoy it while it’s here. Why do I love fall? Here are a few reasons:
- Pumpkins! What’s not to love about these roundish, orange, vegetables. Carve them with funny faces and roast the seeds. I do draw the line with pumpkin spice everything. I think I came across pumpkin spice Oreos the other day. Really- it’s gone too far.
- Cool Breezes and falling leaves. Temperatures are hovering in the mid-80s. Yes, that’s fall. The leaves have turned to a crunchy brown and blow in swirls down the street. The oppressive humidity has lifted and you can feel the earth take a breath. Happy sigh.
- Costumes! Does that need explaining?
- Festus. Festus the Halloween Rat hibernates most of the year but reemerges every fall to scare my children. He’s doing a terrible job this year. If he’s not careful I will feed him to my cat. If you have any ideas, places to hide Festus, please let me know.
- Roasting marshmallows. I love gooey, globs of flaming marshmallows. Just screams fall.
- Hot apple cider.
Yummy. Pair this with a warm muffin and I am one happy chick.
- Halloween. This actually mixes several things on my list. Costumes and candy.
- Candy. Granted, candy is available year round and I can’t think of any candy in particular that I enjoy in the fall. I just want to eat more of it in the fall. Wait. That may be a bad thing.
- Festivals! Fall or October in Alabama, is full of festivals: Free Comic Book Day, Greater Gulf State Fair, Shrimp Festival, BayFest, and on and on. Every time I turn around there is some festival going on. Always something to do.
- It means Christmas is just around the corner! Bet you didn’t expect that!
There you have it. The top 10 reasons I love fall.
What do you love about fall?