How did I forget to make a TBR list for January? It’s just as well. I read weird stuff, and spent most of my time on one book 😉
Before I jump to the TBR, this is what I read in January:
- In the Pleasure Groove: Love, Death, and DurnaDuran by John Taylor
- Fortune Hunter (Miss Fortune Mystery #8) by Jana Deleon
- Paris by Edward Rutherford (over 800 pages!)
- The Emotion Thesaurus by Angela Ackerman
- Emotion Amplifiers by Angela Ackerman
- The Negative Trait Thesaurus by Angela Ackerman
That’s 6/80 books for the year. All of them were really good, just in different ways.
There’s plenty of time to join the fun with the Mother-Daughter Reading Challenge. I’ve marked 3 off that list.
I’ve started reading 3 books, those top the pile.
- Corroded by Carrie Dalby- Dalby is a local author. This marks the second book of hers I’ve read. It’s a YA book featuring a boy with Asperger’s. So far, so good. The teens communicate through emails on a daily basis so I might use this for my epistolary novel.
- Plot & Structure: Techniques and Exercises for Crafting a Plot that GripsReaders from Start to Finish by James Scott Bell. That title is entirely too long. I’m taking my time as I read, only a chapter a day. I’m working through exercises as I go. So far– Excellent
- Auntie Mame: An Irreverent Escapade by Patrick Denis- I love this movie. It’s one of my all time favorites. As a kid, I wanted to live with Auntie Mame, forget the circus. This is on my Kindle and I hope to finish it. So far it follows the movie fairly well. This will take care of the novel set during the 20s!
Other books I might read:
- A Monster Calls by Parick Ness- As soon as I brought this book home, my youngest stole it. She devoured it within 48 hours. She gives her seal of approval.
- Fantastic Creatures by A Fellowship of Fantasy Authors– including me 🙂
Reading 4 books this month may be pushing it, but I will try.
What’s on your TBR pile?