We are four months into the year. Here are the original goals. You can click here for my last check-in.
- Write 200,000 words.
- Edit 600 pages.
- Walk 2,600,000 steps.
- Read 80 books.
- Find the shipwreck at Ft. Morgan. (summer)
- Complete devotional.
I’m not really discarding any of these. I am just defining them a little more.
Write 200,000 words.
- I want to write 8,000 words in Seams Like Murder before the end of May.
- Plot a mystery short story.
- Plot my ghost story.
- write a “scientific sheet” on the mythical creatures in my fantasy stories. I don’t know why. It just seems like fun.
Walk 2,600,000 steps.
- walk every other day at 8 am. I think I will have better luck first thing.
- Alternate days continue with Tai Chi or calisthenics.
Edit 600 pages.
- Finish editing Camouflage by the end of May.
Read 80 books.
- I’m good here 🙂
- This is a different devotional than I started at the beginning of the year. It focuses on the book of Mark.
- spend 30-45 minutes each day on necessary house chores. I see a massive yard sale in my future.
- Submit Stella to magazines.
- Submit DITW to publishers/agents. I’ve already started this for both of them. I have a list of places and deadlines. This works well as an after lunch activity.
There you are. Looking at my schedule and the chaos of spring break (next week), my first check-in will be April 19th. I’ll try for next week but with the kids home I doubt it.