Goal Check-in April
This week has been chaotic. Mostly my fault but still. I have felt lethargic and tired all week. I know it’s my allergies. It rained last night and this morning, I’m hoping it washes away some of the pollen before my head explodes. If I keep moving all day, just stay busy, I have a better chance of accomplishing something. But the moment I sit down to rest, it’s all over.
Baby girl turns 13 on Saturday ;( Please ignore the tears. It’s hard to believe that my baby is officially a teenager. I don’t know why she acts like one! If that’s not enough emotional stress, my oldest is in the 8th grade. I received an email about the 8th-grade reception– they need pictures of each student at various ages. I’m not ready for high school. I’m not a clingy mother. I never cried after dropping them off at school at the start of the year. I was always there early and had plans for lunch to celebrate being kid free again. I blame hormones for the sudden trepidation in life changes.
I currently blame hormones for everything. On that note. Has anyone written a cozy mystery series surround a woman with hot flashes? I see a gold mine there. Just imagine the possible titles: Hot Flash of Death, The Insomnia Defense, & Spontaneous Flash of Murder… you get the idea. On with the goals.
- Write 200,000 words. Still at 10,914 words. No new progress.
- Edit 600 pages. I edited 19 pages of Camouflage this week. Brings the total to 301 pages. I want this finished before summer starts.
- Walk 2,600,000 steps. I finally bought a new pedometer. This one is also a wrist watch. I don’t think it’s terribly accurate. It says 20,615 steps. Hmmm. I know I moved more than that. My previous step count was 474,725. I think I will add the totals together at the end. I did 15 minutes of calisthenics yesterday as well. I’m trying it on my ankle today. I want to lose 10 pounds before Mother’s Day. I don’t know how doable that is. My cute swimsuit is too tight and I’m going to the beach 🙂
- Read 80 books.
I read: Michelangelo’s Ghost By Gigi Pandian and Like Water for Chocolate by Laura Esquivel. Michelangelo’s Ghost was one of the books I won in March. I loved it, it’s book 4 in the series and totally fed my archeologist fantasy that started with Indiana Jones. I’ll have to read the first 3 in the series. I don’t usually reread books. I can count on one hand the number of books I’ve reread. Like Water for Chocolate is one of those. I loved it more this time than when I read it 20ish years ago. I don’t own this book, but I need to. Highly recommend it. I own the movie and I’m watching it with my honey Friday night. He dosen’t know that yet. I’ve started reading 2 books but I don’t expect to finish either before the end of the week, so I’ll save it for May. 28/80 books read.
- Find the shipwreck at Ft. Morgan. (summer)
- Complete devotional. I’m back on track.
- Deep Cleaning. I’ve started to clean out the laundry room and under the sofa. We hide our massive hoard of Legos under the sofa 🙂 I’m going through each set, putting them together to make sure we have all the pieces. Then I will decide if it’s a set we should keep or sale. Yes, I worked on this goal. On another positive note, the other people in my house have finally gotten on the yard sale bandwagon!
- Submissions. I submitted to 2 publishers this week and received one rejection.
There you go. It’s been a busy week and will stay that way until school is out.
How did your week go?