That’s right folks, three weeks until the kids are home… all day, every day. Pass the coffee. The end of school tends to be just as busy as the beginning of school. Everything comes to an end with dinners, parties, and programs. My calendar is screaming for relief. This past weekend we drove to Montgomery for the State Bible Drill, my youngest was in it for the first time 🙂 She did well. If you’ve never seen a Bible drill it’s hard to explain. In a nutshell, the students memorize huge amounts of scripture and then have 8 seconds to locate it in the Bible and recite it from memory. She did well, only missed 4 but that was enough to keep her out of the finals. Better luck next year.
On the downside, I am now the proud owner of a moving violation citation (running a stop sign) ;( Really! Okay maybe it was a rolling stop but the road was empty. My hubby had the joy of driving the rest of the day to and from Montgomery!
Let’s get on with this sad goal check.
- Write 200,000 words. Still at 10,914 words. No new progress.
- Edit 600 pages. The total is still 301 pages. To finish Camouflage by June I need to edit roughly 5,000 words a week.
- Walk 2,600,000 steps. Yeah, I don’t think this thing is working all that well.My new pedometer says I am at 34,370 steps. I walked over a mile on Saturday and a mile on Monday. Along with my regular walking. That means I only walked around 14,000 steps this week. Something’s not right here. My previous step count was 474,725. I think I will add the totals together at the end. I’m thinking I may need to ditch steps and change it to timed sessions.
- Read 80 books.
I am still reading Caravan of Thieves by David Rich and Hunter by Mercedes Lackey. I have mixed feelings for both of these which is why it’s taking me so long to read them.
- Find the shipwreck at Ft. Morgan. (summer)
- Complete devotional. I’m back on track.
- Deep Cleaning. We have the yard sale coming up this Saturday. I’ve cleaned out both hall closets, laundry room, bedroom closet, and the massive lego horde. This is where most of my energy has been spent.
- Submissions. Nope. I’ve barely had the computer on this week.
When I do my goal check-in’s I flip open my calendar. May’s is totally blank. That is not a good thing!
Excuse me I have writing to accomplish.
How did your week go?