Awesome title, right?
Chaos has fried my brain. This week involved 1 graduation party, a trip to the beach, graduation, band concert, a birthday party, and a trip to the doctor. I’m tired. I’ve achieved next to nothing. But only one week left of school.
I injured my wrist 9 (?) years ago in a heroic attempt to save my youngest from falling while roller skating. I should have let her fall, she would have bounced. I did not. I’ve been dealing with this injury, very painful, ever since. I finally agreed to surgery, early June. I will spend most of the summer in a hard cast on my right arm 😦 After the doctor poked, pulled, and twisted my wrist into painful positions I spent the rest of the day curled up in my chair watching Call the Midwife reruns.
Now I have a tighter deadline to finish edits to Camouflage. I need to finish as much as I can before surgery. Sigh.
Let’s look at the bright side.
Things I can’t do with a cast:
- clean the bathroom or kitchen
- sweep or vacuum
- chop vegetables
- brush and dry my hair at the same time
I know there are more and some of these I will be able to do one handed with a little practice. But I promise you, I will try my hardest to avoid the first two for as long as possible.
On with the goals:
- Write 200,000 words.
The total is still 11,903. No new progress.
- Edit 600 pages.
No new progress. 312 pages.
Walk 2,600,000 steps.I’m sorry, but this is not happening. I give up. Dropped.
- Read 80 books. I am still reading The Sword of Shannara by Terry Brooks. This book is huge. I’m about 53% through it. I’m reading every day. I find myself highlighting sections of it. 29/80 books read.
- Find the shipwreck at Ft. Morgan. Summer goal.
- Complete devotional. I am now two lessons behind.
- Deep Cleaning. Nada!
- Submissions. Yes! I made two submissions this week. So I did do something!
There you go. A not so stellar week, but one filled with life milestones.
How did your week go?