It is official I am participating in NaNoWriMo 2017. I say it’s official because I finally signed up at NaNoWriMo. I also bought the t-shirt. Not the winner shirt. I usually buy the winner shirt in advance but last year I didn’t finish. Not even close. So now when I wear the shirt I feel guilty.
Goals from last week:
complete character inventory sheet/backstoryDone. I think most of the character work on the four most important characters is complete. I know I will continue to add to them as I plan but the hard work is finished. Sign up on NaNo websiteDone. I just need a title now.
- Work harder on finishing Origins. It’s not finished but it is close. There’s probably less than 20 pages left to edit.
- Think about the major plot points for NaNo. I have a few plot cards.
Finish setting out Ghost rules (from last week)
I consider last week a success even though I did not finish everything. This week is plot and research.
Goals for week 3 Preptober:
- Make a list of “locations” and describe- these are the main locations where the story takes place: MC apartment, where she works, and the cemetery. Yes, every ghost story needs a cemetery.
- Begin assembling a list of minor characters- just the few that I know I need. Most will be added as I write.
- Plot, Plot, Plot
- If possible visit local history library for research- there’s a few things I need to research for my story
- create a list of synonyms for walk- don’t laugh, this will make my life so much easier
That’s pretty much it. More than enough to keep me busy.
What are you working on this week?