We are finally having cooler days. That means it only reaches 80* instead of over 90*! Looking forward to our first frost…soon I hope.
Last week was very productive. I did have a brief moment of panic yesterday when I thought my computer had lost all of my pre-writing work for NaNo. Luckily I found it. Then I backed it up on a thumb drive. Always have a back up!
Goals from last week:
Make a list of “locations” and describe– DONE
- Begin assembling a list of minor characters just the few that I know I need. Most will be added as I write.
Plot, Plot, Plot-I have my first draft of plots. It’s a flowchart. I need to go through and scratch out ideas I don’t like.- working on it.
- If possible visit local history library for research there’s a few things I need to research for my story
create a list of synonyms forwalk –started on it. I’ll add to it I’m sure.
Okay. On here it doesn’t look like much. But I did finish round 1 edits on Origins. That’s a big accomplishment because I won’t have that hanging over me during NaNo.
Week 4 Goals for Preptober:
- If possible visit local history library for research there’s a few things I need to research for my story. This is actually on my list for today 🙂
- Finalize my plot as much as I can
- Begin assembling a list of minor characters. Now that most of the plot is in my chart, I can work on this.
- Assemble writing materials
- Plan word counts needed for the month: by day and week. I don’t write on Sundays, too busy. I won’t write most of Thanksgiving week. That means I need to write more early on. So plan that out.
- Plan a series of easy meals. I’ve started to stock the freezer with pre-made meals. NaNoWriMo is a great time to use the crock-pot and make large quantity meals that render left overs. Like chili. I’m also not above making sliders!
- Make a list of rewards. I’ve never tried this. Could be fun.
- Stock up on easy to east snacks for writing. Yes, I plan on eating Halloween candy! Popcorn too.
That should keep me busy. Here’s the cover for the 2017 NaNoWriMo project.
-What are you working on this week?