Top 5 Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Bionic Book Worm. Click here for June topics.
Top 5 Summertime Reads
I love summer. Mainly because the kids are home and swimming is involved. Our schedules are a little more relaxed. Still busy but relaxed 😉 Summer is the time I read more graphic novels and big, fat books. A strange combo I know.
Here are my Top 5 Summer Reads
- The Esther Diamond Series by Laura Resnick. I’m not sure how this happened. But I read one book in the series every year since I discovered it with book 6. My local library only had one or two books from the series, so I have to buy the paperback. This summer is Vamparazzi. Cozy mystery meets fantasy.
2. The Miss Fortune Series by Jana DeLeon. This series takes place over one summer. I just finished book 11, Change of Fortune. That’s one busy summer. It’s light-hearted, fast-paced, and funny.
3. Mermaid by Carolyn Turgeon. What better time to read a mermaid tale than in the summer. I’ve read several of her fairy tales and all are fun easy reads. You just think you know the story of the little mermaid.
4. The Liz Talbot Mystery Series by Susan M. Boyer. Another fun, light mystery series. This one with a paranormal twist. I finished book 5, Lowcountry Book Club, last year.
5. The Elfstones of Shannara by Terry Brooks. Shannara has dozens of books. I started with the original series. The first book was good, but the second is much better.
What do you like to read in summer,