A little Sunday fun. Otherwise known as procrastination when I should be editing.
Fiona Quinn writes an amazing blog. A lot of posts show you how to help your characters survive deadly situations. One of my favorite posts, one I couldn’t find this morning, included a survival kit in a mint tin. That led me to think about what is in my handbag. Judging from it’s contents, I’m a dead woman!
1. a bookmark, you never know when you’ll need an emergency bookmark
2. glasses, they are only reading glasses. Again- book emergency
3. car keys
4. wallet- no cash. My mother would not be happy over that.
5. hand sanitizer- A must with kids
6. chap stick
7. mints, yes there actually mints in the tin.
8. fake, fuzzy mustache, an emergency disguise? No, sadly, it’s for a sleepover.
Several things are missing in my bag. The most glaring is a phone. I do have one, I just forgot to pack it yesterday, so it’s still on the counter. The handbag is too large for it’s contents. I bought this bag because I needed something big enough to carry my Kindle 🙂 I usually have a small notebook and multiple pens. I think the kids have pilfered them.
I am not prepared for an emergency and will have to change that when I have time, I think I see my calender slowing down sometime in January.
What’s in your handbag?
Who’s up for a little fun this morning. I thought I’d post something for pure fun. Grab a cup of tea, sit down, and learn a few things you never knew 🙂
20 Facts About Me:
- I am a wife and mother. They keep me busy and thankful for each day.
- I graduated with a degree in education. I taught history to hormonally challenged teens for 6 very long years.
- I am addicted to chocolate. I refuse to go to rehab.
- There are 2 types of people in the world: Those that like biscuits and those that like cornbread. I am the latter.
- JRR Tolkien is one of my favorite writers. I know, everybody loves LOTR.
- I discovered comic books and LOTR in college.
- Christmas is my favorite holiday.
- As a child, I would catch lizards and wear them as earrings. Now, my youngest does the same.
- My evil twin works for a covert government agency, and knows jiu jitsu.
- I try never to work on my birthday.
- I told my children that I found my husband at Men’s Warehouse. I pulled him off the rack because he had the best legs. Now, when we go to the mall, the girls point the store out and say, “That’s where mommie got daddy.”
- As a child, I would stand very still with an outstretched finger waiting for dragonflies to land.
- If I could be anything, I would be a mermaid.
- I am a quilter and have made quilts to raise money for Alzheimer’s research.
- I am a dyed in the wool tea drinker. Iced, sweet, or hot. All day everyday. It makes me happy.
- When I was 13 I had Chinese food for the first time. I’ve been in love every since. Best gift ever from my husband was my wok.
- My favorite genres to read: children’s, YA, mystery, fantasy, southern.
- For Christmas, I start baking cookies in early November. I don’t stop until New Years. Yum yum.
- I love music. I still love Duran Duran! I know there’s a 12 step program for that.
- My favorite movie genres: action, mystery, British, Science Fiction, Fantasy, Southern.
There you go. Have a good day. What do your readers need to know about you?