It’s been a strange month. I started several books and didn’t finish them. My schedule was thrown off when everyone came down with colds/virus not to mention Thanksgiving and painting kitchen cabinets. I feel frazzled and a bit let down over failing to win NaNoWriMo, especially since I bought the T-shirt.
Oh well, on wards we go–
- The Feng Shui Detective Goes West by Nury Vittachi.
Princess of Mars by Edgar Rice Burroughs. DNF
- Death of a Charming Man by M.C. Beaton.
- There Goes the Bride by M.C.Beaton.
- Scrapbook of the Dead by Mollie Cox Bryan.
Hallowe’en Party by Agatha Christie. It was okay.
- Village Books by Craig McLay.
Terror at Bottle Creek by Watt Key One of the best books I’ve ever read. I loved it. It grabs you in the beginning and holds you on the edge of your seat until the end. I read it in under 24 hours!
- After Me by Joyce Scarbrough- I am about 1/3 of the way through with this one. Really good.
Pumpkin Pied by Karen MacInerney
D.C. Dead by Stuart Woods
Candy Canes and Criminals by M.E. Harmon
The Book Stops Here by Kate Collins
A Ghostly Undertaking by Tonya Kappes
Christmas Caramel Murder By Joanne Fluke
That’s 8 books for the month but only one that was on my list 🙂
What was your favorite book this month?
November is a busy month with Thanksgiving and NaNoWriMo, but no worries I will still read. I hope you all had a candy filled Halloween. I’m saving some of our loot to make it through NaNo 😉 I have an odd assortment of books this month. If I read 4 this month I will be happy.
- The Feng Shui Detective Goes West by Nury Vittachi. Honestly, how can I not read a book with that title?
- Princess of Mars by Edgar Rice Burroughs. I’ve never read a book by him but this fits with the Goodreads challenge.
- Death of a Charming Man by M.C. Beaton. This part of the Hamish Macbeth Mystery Series. New for me.
- There Goes the Bride by M.C.Beaton. This features Agatha Raisin whom I love.
- Scrapbook of the Dead by Mollie Cox Bryan. Love the title.
- Hallowe’en Party by Agatha Christie. My first Hercule Poirot book.
- Village Books by Craig McLay. I’m not real sure about this one. It was free.
- Terror at Bottle Creek by Watt Key
- After Me by Joyce Scarbrough
I’m still keeping with the cozy mystery Goodreads mini-monthly challenge. Here’s the November challenge:
1. Nov 1 is All Saint’s Day and Nov 2 is All Soul’s Day — Read a book with a scene set in a cemetery or graveyard, or that has a tombstone, ghost or skeleton on the cover.
2. November is National Novel Writing Month, November 5 is Book Lovers Day and November 8 Young Readers Day — Read a book ABOUT books. That could involve a bookstore, library, Bookmobile, restorer, collector, writer, or book group — or even the novel Fahrenheit 451 — just so long as it revolves around books.
3. Nov 10 is Forget-Me-Not Day and USMC Day (Marine Corps birthday), and Nov 11 is Veteran’s Day — Read a book set during a war, or that features a veteran or someone serving their country. (Suggested authors include Kate Collins, Anne Perry, Jacqueline Winspear and Jasper Fforde.)
4. Nov 17 is World Peace Day — Read a book set in a country other than your own.
5. Nov 28 is Red Planet Day . . . how appropriate, since Mars is in the news so frequently these days — Read a book with a mostly red cover, or — for those who like to read across genres — a book set on another planet or that features an alien.
This could be a hard month!
What’s on your TBR list?