It’s a new year, I know I’m a little late. Starting in November my life went nuts. School events, sports, painting kitchen cabinets, and holidays. I had to step back from writing/blogging and participate in life. Of course, now I have lots of inspiration 🙂
New years resolutions are not my favorite thing. Unless you mean breaking them, I’m great at that. But there are things I want to accomplish. I decided to approach this year differently. Using Row80 as a guide, my goals must be trackable. It is near impossible to keep a resolution/goal if you can not track it. So here goes…
- Write 200,000 words. I usually set my writing goal to “finish” a project. Sometimes that works and sometimes it doesn’t. It also does not count my free writing or journal entries. When you think about it 200,000 words isn’t that much. That’s less than 1,000 words a day. My goal is just to get in the habit of writing again.
- Edit 600 pages. Yes, I pulled that number out of the sky. That should get me through several WIPs. It should cover a novel and two novellas that I need to edit. Writing is much easier than editing.
- Walk 2,600,000 steps. *crash* Sorry about that. I just fell out of my chair. That is a huge number but it is less than 10,000 steps a day.
- Read 80 books. Easy. I read 88 last year. I do want to expand my TBR to include genres or books I don’t normally read. Hence the Mother-Daughter Reading Challenge. The categories this year were chosen by my daughters and niece. I never would have chosen a book written in the twenties or an epistolary novel. I actually had to look that one up. It’s a book of letters or a diary. YUK! I am taking suggestions for both of those.
- Find the shipwreck at Ft. Morgan. You would think this would be easy to find. It’s not. Click here for pictures. We walked the beach last week looking for the wreckage but found nothing. I will not give up.
- Complete devotional. My mother-in-law gave me a beautiful devotional. I’m already two days behind.
There you have it. My main goals for 2017. Keep me honest and on track guys. I need all the help I can get!
What’s one of your goals?